– Well, a girl’s gotta eat…From travels abroad (and not-so-far)
Chinese Pea Salad
Spicy peas and crab meat, tossed with a curried cream dressing, and topped with crunchy chow mein noodles
- ¾ c. mayonnaise (or 3/8 c. mayonnaise and 3/8 c. sour cream)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½ t. curry powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 16 oz. frozen peas
- 8 oz. canned lump crab meat, optional
- 1 c. chopped celery
- ½ c. cashews
- 3 oz. canned chow mein noodles
- Combine the mayonnaise (and sour cream, if using), lemon juice, curry, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise mixture well and set aside.
- Place frozen peas in a colander under running water to thaw, then drain well.
- Drain the crab meat, if using.
- Combine the peas, crab meat (if using), and celery in a serving bowl and toss to mix.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Stir in cashews and top with chow mein noodles just before serving.